Motivational Notes To Self For The New Year
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Pops balloons and throws confetti. It's 2017 *gasps* I can't believe it's already 2017! Time flies by so fast when you're older. Let's look back on 2016! What a crazy year it has been for all of us in general. Let's not even get into politics! haha.
2016 for me was pretty great! Of course, I had my ups and downs but definitely more ups than anything! I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, lived in two different states(Tennesse, and Ohio), reached 1k subscribers on my youtube channel(a goal I accomplished thanks to my supporters!), and I worked with AMAZING brands; Smile Brilliant, JORD Wood Watches, Purina...just to name a few. So overall, I would have to say 2016 was a great year. I'm very thankful for all the doors God has opened up for me and guided me through! I can only pray for the same in 2017.
This year, I have a lot of goals but I want to keep them to myself. Mainly because I don't have to share my goals or plans with anyone. I also don't have to prove anything to anybody. However, I do want to list some thoughts to myself that will motivate and uplift me this year. Or anyone that could be looking for some form of inspiration going into the new year!
Notes to self:
- Be positive, and don't dwell on the negativity. Look to God for guidance!
- If it doesn't happen today, then try again tomorrow or the next day or the next day after that. Keep trying until it does happen!
- Don't give into fear, take that shit and throw it back at the devil because we can't have any of that this year boo!
- You are Donyell Johnson, not anyone else. So just be who you are and who you want to be.
- Your growth doesn't stop until you stop trying. Just because your life didn't go the way you planned it, doesn't mean your life is wrong. It's the life God always planned for you so take it, nurture it, and reach for the sky!
- Take one day at a time. I know things can get stressful but look towards the little things to bring you happiness each day.
- You're a great mother/partner, I know some days it might not feel like you're doing your best but that's okay! You're not supposed to be perfect my love.
- Love yourself, and take care of yourself.
- It's okay to cry, and it's okay to get mad but don't carry it on into the next day. Let that shit go!
- Be still and conquer at the same time! YOU GOT THIS.
Definitely had a few tears roll down my cheek while typing that. I should talk to myself more in my journal because that made me feel so much better about this new year already! Now, I'm ready for what God has in store for me this year! I hope you all enjoyed this post, and are now inspired to do great things this year! Adore your beauty, embrace yourself, confidence is key! Ta ta for now and thanks for reading!
Comment below your note to self that will motivate you or a goal you would like to accomplish in 2017!
XoXo Adore Donnie